Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blast from the past

I'm thinking every once in a while I'll be doing a "blast from the past" post. Today's is about Gimpy the Mouse.  Let me tell you about Gimpy the Mouse.  Gimpy the Mouse was in my house (wow I should write a dr Seuss book!) while chris was out working when we lived in Albuquerque. I saw something dart quick across my living room floor. I, of course, immediately jumped up on the couch calling for help. Realizing there was none, I gained my composure, and ran over to find SOMETHING to help me. All I really wanted to do was scare it back outside (my door was open on the first floor, I know, my fault). Unfortunately, as I jumped up to get something, the mouse got scared (my original intention) in the wrong direction and darted over to under the couch.

So, grabbing a mixing bowl (the only think I could think of to capture it), I moved the couch, jumping, screaming, and running....mouse doing the same.  One time, I finally got the mixing bowl on top of him....but only sort of. I realized I had caught him by his leg! Poor thing. So THEN I had this mouse gimping around across my carpet!! With a clearly broken leg, I couldn't let him back outside!! He would die!! So, I was able to capture him much easier under the mixing bowl. obviously. So I did, and then slipped some cardboard under him, allowing me to pick him and the bowl up and keep him on my counter.

I fed him nuts and graham crackers, and gave him water in the cap of a water bottle. I also gave him a wash cloth to call home, and named him "gimpy". I kept him for long enough for his leg to recover and then took him to a big open nature place and let him go.

Loved my gimpy mouse. Scared the crap out of me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment